Friday, February 12, 2010

Vision and Action -- at the forefront of leadership!

I have often contemplated what true "leadership" is....I look around at the various individuals that are in leadership roles and wonder, "what identifies him or her as an effective leader?" Is it based on specific traits or characteristics? Is it based on the ability to put on different hats for different needs? I tend to lean towards the later. I look at those I admire and see key qualities that allows/ed him or her to be proactive, quick thinkers and solution-oriented. Think in terms of Sir Earnest Shackleton. A man that led his team by meeting adversity with fierce determination. This seems to be true leadership. I believe that we have solid examples all around us of poor and sound leadership. I also believe that we can challenge our own selves to follow in the footsteps of others or push on to create our own leadership opportunities and carve out our own niche. What do you think?

No comments: